Journeyman HD Mechanic Technician / Level 1-4 Considered
Fleet Brake Parts and Service is one of North America’s fastest growing and largest independent distributors and marketers of heavy duty parts and service. We have 14 locations spread from British Columbia to the Atlantic and have a proven track record. Our organization is powered by effective leadership, progressive strategies and industry-leading best practices. More importantly Fleet Brake is driven by talented, customer-focused people who value strong work ethics, innovation and quality.
We are currently looking for a Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic who is self-driven and puts quality and customers first. Being a team player and working with others will be a key role in your success with Fleet Brake.
Please note: This position is also open to level 2 and 3 apprentices. All should be encouraged to apply
Reports to: Shop Foreman
1. Health & Safety
· Ensure compliance to the published company Health and Safety Policies
· Ensure compliance to the published Shop Policies
· Ensure equipment, tools and work areas are organized
· Keep personal tools in safe working manner-repair/replace worn and defective tools as needed
· Inspect shop tools & equipment prior to every use. Tag/write up defects
· Document monthly tool & equipment checks
· Test drive units as required (if licensed)
· Interpreting work orders and technical manuals both on PC, tablet and paper.
· Open and close work orders as required
· Performing general and preventive maintenance services.
· Diagnosing and troubleshooting mechanical and electronic failures as well as visually inspecting, listening to the customer, road testing and using various diagnostic tools.
· Work with the service team to diagnose issues relating to the equipment
· Completing repairs or replacing defective parts, components or systems as required.
· Testing and inspecting vehicle to ensure repairs are completed to manufacturer specifications and Government standards.
· Documenting and record repair / PM story on work order noting problems or unusual situations encountered during repairs.
· Able to diagnose & repair support equipment such as Light duty trucks, vans, trucks, trailers
· Be able to attend additional training online, nationally as well as assisting other technicians or apprentices with their work.
· Other related or similar duties as required.
Requirements Skills, Education, and Certifications
· Licensed HET Mechanic.
· Good computer skills
· Engine experience an asset
· Cab and Chassis electronic experience
· Experience with Trailers
· Familiar with diagnostic software
· Commercial Vehicle Inspectors Certificate
· Must be able to sit, kneel, lift, walk, lay, and carry for extended periods
Fleet Brake offers: competitive wages, a comprehensive benefits plan, matched RSP contributions and a great place to work
PLEASE NOTE: Only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent