Journeyman Welder, Heavy Duty Truck & Trailer
Fleet Brake Parts and Service is one of North America’s fastest growing and largest independent distributors and marketers of heavy duty parts and service. We have 14 locations spread from British Columbia to the Atlantic and have a proven track record. Our organization is powered by effective leadership, progressive strategies and industry-leading best practices. More importantly Fleet Brake is driven by talented, customer-focused people who value strong work ethics, innovation and quality.
We are currently looking for an ambitious, self-driven individual who puts quality and customers first. Being a team player and working with others will be the key to your success with Fleet Brake.
Reports to: Service Manager
1. Health & safety
· Ensure compliance to published company Health and Safety Policies
· Ensure compliance to published Shop Policies
· Conduct new employee orientation emphasizing on Health & Safety
a. Ensure equipment, tools and work areas are organized
b. Keep personal tools in safe working manner - repair/replace worn and defective tools as needed
c. Inspect shop tools & equipment prior to every use. Enforce similar checks by shop staff. Tag/write up defects
d. Document monthly tool & equipment checks
· Fabricate and assemble metal structures and equipment
· Produce metal products according to customer and company specifications
· Repair and maintain metal equipment and structures
· Read and interpret diagrams, sketches and blueprints to determine operations, required materials and timeframes for projects
· Set up, operate and maintain welding equipment
· Ensure quality control throughout the repair process
· Conduct final inspection of completed repairs
· Maintain open communication with Service staff, Parts Staff and Management
· Communicate updates, deficiencies, and additional requirements to Customers
4. Any other duties assigned by the supervisor not far outside my expertise and training.
· Some high school education
· Trade Certification
· Three years to less than 5 year-experience
Fleet Brake offers: competitive wages, a comprehensive benefits plan, matched RSP contributions and a great place to work
PLEASE NOTE: Only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
As part of keeping our staff and customers safe during the COVID-19 pandemic, all our frontline staff are required to wear masks and have been provided clear plastic barriers, gloves and Hand sanitizer.